The McKinney Avenue Transit Authority continues to monitor updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other public health authorities.
The safety of our riders and employees is always our top priority and we are taking the risk seriously. Accordingly, we are focusing our energy and resources toward that goal by taking the following measures:
- To help reduce the risk of spread we are limiting ridership per car. Please observe these limitations to keep you and your fellow passengers safe. No standing passengers will be boarded at this time. If a full car passes you at a stop, rest assured that another trolley will arrive shortly to carry you to your destination. Check track.mata.org for updates.
- Our schedule has returned to normal hours: Monday-Thursday 7AM-10PM, Friday 7AM-12AM (Midnight), Saturday 10 AM-12AM (Midnight), and Sunday 10AM-10PM.
- In accordance with the Governor’s Executive Order, McKinney Avenue Trolley passengers are required to wear a face covering. Learn how to make your own face covering here.
- We have intensified and accelerated our cleaning and operational guidelines to include products identified by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as successful in killing the coronavirus, as well as influenza, rhinovirus, norovirus, salmonella, staphylococcus, and e-coli.
- Our Motormen and Conductors will take hand-washing breaks to minimize risk for themselves and our passengers. Additional cleansing products, such as anti-bacterial wipes, are onboard for your comfort and use.
- Please be responsible and cover your coughs and sneezes to help prevent the spread of the virus, shorten its impact and ensure the health and safety of our employees as well as the general public.
We will continue to adapt our approach as needed as the situation evolves and additional government guidance is issued. With combined effort to be vigilant we can keep the trolley running for the community and for your convenience.